Directors, members and guests of the British Columbia Construction Roundtable welcomed Brent Toderian, Director of Planning for the City of Vancouver, as the keynote speaker at their twelth Annual General Meeting. Mr. Toderian gave a presentation on his vision for the next stages of development of Vancouver.
Four years ago, the BC Construction Roundtable Board of Directors established a student bursary for studies in engineering and construction management. The recipients of this year’s $2000 awards were Roman Goldmann, who is completing a Bachelor of Technology in Construction Management at BCIT, and Madhav Nepal, who is completing a PhD in Construction Engineering and Management at UBC.
The following members were elected to the Board of Directors:
- Elisa Brandts, PBK Architects Inc. – President;
- Ian Rokeby, CH2M Hill Canada Ltd. – Past President;
- Roger Woodhead, Woodhead Consultants Inc. – Treasurer;
- Bill Frost, Graham Construction and Engineering Inc. – Secretary;
- And Directors :
- Beth Currie, BCIT Construction Management;
- Doug Hinton, Hatch Mott MacDonald;
- Don Jacobsen, Peter Kiewit Sons Co.;
- Robin Johnston, Collings Johnston Inc.;
- Trevor Lumb, Trow Associates Inc.;
- Jim McLagan, Canron Western Constructors Ltd.;
- Marina Pratchett, Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP;
- Alan Russell, UBC Civil Engineering;
- Joe Scholte, Sandwell Engineering;
- Alan Shopland, Shopland Projects Ltd.;
- Peter Smith, Axxent Engineering Ltd.;
- Tom Timm, City of Vancouver Engineering.
The British Columbia Construction Roundtable is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide an independent forum for decision-makers of all sectors of the BC construction industry to share information, examine issues and collaborate on new or more effective strategies for the healthy growth of the industry. It is independent of all other construction groups.
For further information on the BC Construction Roundtable and its monthly seminars contact Jeannie Bates at email@example.com or visit the website at www.bccr.net